The JED Center has provisional accreditation by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) to offer Level I/II CPE.
These programs are for clergy and other spiritual leaders active in ministry who desire to grow in spiritual care skills. They are also suitable for persons in seminary preparing for ministry and persons meeting ordination requirements. CPE is valuable for those exploring the institutional ministry, spiritual care in social services, or desire greater exposure to crisis ministry. The programs focus on spiritual care formation, reflection, and competency.
Fall or Spring Level I/II CPE Programs
- Group education hours and clinical practice hours vary depending on program. See our upcoming programs for details.
- Application Fee: $50 (non-refundable); payable online
- Tuition: $3200 (including $250 confirmation deposit), non-stipend program; payable online
- No VISA for international students is provided for this program
What we teach
- Spiritual Care in our Diverse World
- Cultural Humility
- Spiritual Care with the religious, and the spiritual and non-religious
- Spiritual Assessment
- Active Listening
- Authenticity in Spiritual Care Practice
- Use of One’s Own Life Story in Spiritual Care
- Appropriate Use of Authority
- Grief and Care of the Grieving
- End of Life Care
- Theological and Spiritual Reflection
- Group and Family Dynamics
- Gender, Sexuality and Spiritual Care
- Caring for those Living with Addiction
- Spiritual Care with our Elders